Dad of Divas' Reviews: Blu-ray Review - Muppet Christmas Carol

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Blu-ray Review - Muppet Christmas Carol

About the Movie
The Classic Christmas Tale. With A Muppets Twist.

It’s Not Easy Being Scrooge Special Edition

The Muppets Bring a Hilarious Twist to This Classic Christmas Tale, For the Very First Time on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack - November 6, 2012

On November 6, 2012, the Charles Dickens-inspired classic holiday story “The Muppet Christmas Carol,” will ring in its 20th anniversary with the Blu-ray™ debut of this family favorite.

And now, a word from Gonzo: Greetings, holiday movie fans and lovers of culture, I am Gonzo … or perhaps better known to fans of this classic motion picture as literary legend Charles Dickens. Are you ready to laugh, cry, sing, frolic, cavort and enjoy yourself beyond belief!? Well, you’re in luck, because this 20th Anniversary Edition of Disney’s “The Muppet Christmas Carol” is guaranteed to put you in the holiday spirit that will stay with you forever—or at least until your Aunt Edna starts complaining that nobody is eating the fruitcake she brought … again!

Available for the first time ever on Blu-ray with high definition sound and picture, so you can enjoy even more of my blue-ness, not to mention the incredible spectacle of Kermit the Frog as Bob Cratchit, Miss Piggy as Emily Cratchit, Academy Award® winner Michael Caine (Best Supporting Actor, 1999, “The Cider House Rules”) as Scrooge, wonderful songs by Oscar® winner Paul Williams (Best Original Song, 1976, “Evergreen” from “A Star Is Born”) and, of course, my pal Rizzo the Rat as … well, Rizzo the Rat.


1) Name: Rats Caroling (Bonus)


2)Name: Chef and Chickens Caroling (Bonus)

3)Name: Rizzo Jumps
 


4)Name: The Cratchet's Feast
 


5)Name: Heat Wave
 

My Take on the Movie
This has always been one of my favorite holiday films. Not only do I love the muppets, but on top of this the story, music, humor and all-in-all muppet fun is so infectious that I come back year after year wanting to see this again and again. Even right now I am singing It Feels Like Christmas in my head and I know that now it will be there all day. This also has some bonus features that I just loved, as the audio commentary was so funny and so much fun (you will love it)! If you have never seen this or shared this with your family you must as it is a family classic of the highest order and one film that all should watch and enjoy!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: