Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Jesus Is

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Book Review - Jesus Is

About the Book
Jesus is ____. How would you finish that sentence?

The subject is there, and so is the verb, but what comes next? Your answer could shed light on the path to becoming who you were made to be.

In these pages, Judah Smith fills out that sentence again and again, each time further revealing the character of Jesus. He writes as if to a friend, illustrating the importance of Christ’s message to modern men and women. This is a book for new believers, for lifelong followers, and for the merely curious. Judah Smith shows us the Jesus that somber paintings and hymns fail to capture. With passion, humor, and conviction, he shows that Jesus is life. Jesus is grace. Jesus is your friend. Jesus is a new and better way to be human.

My Take on the Book
There are many books that talk about Jesus, but this was the first that really examined not only who he was, but who he is to each of us! The book was an easy read and very provocative in what it makes you consider as you read. I left reading this book feeling much more enlightened into what I believe and who I feel Jesus is for me as a person of faith. This book is for both believers and non-believers as it will definitely spark thoughts for all!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: