Dad of Divas' Reviews: Blu-ray Review - The Sessions

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Blu-ray Review - The Sessions

About the Movie
Paralyzed and confined to an iron lung since childhood, poet-journalist Mark O'Brien (Hawkes) has overcome adversity time and time again. But now, at age 38, he faces his toughest challenge yet: losing his virginity. With the help of a beautiful therapist (Hunt), a sympathetic priest (Macy), and his own unbridled sense of optimism and humor, Mark embarks on an extraordinary personal journey to discover the wondrous pleasures that make life worth living.

My Take on the Movie
This it was a touching film that made you really think about the things that you take for granted when he cannot live with a disability on daily basis. While the topic of this movie is deep, the makers of the movie put this together with respect and care and the actors did a wonderful job at bringing forth something that needed to be shared. I looked into the story a little further after watching the movie and so it seems that Hollywood did make it a bit more grandiose for the viewers themselves, I still enjoyed the message that it was sharing in the overall movie itself. Both Hunt and Hawkes did an amazing job with their characters and I have to say that I would highly recommend this movie to any and all.

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can’t even imagine going through something as difficult as polio and then having to live like Mark did. I’m really drawn to films that explore the world in a way that most of us have never seen it and this one definitely takes that route. I was watching the preview in my office at DISH and it got me thinking that this unique story is like a coming of age that hasn’t been told before. So after some extensive research I decided I wanted to see it and put in my DISH Blockbuster @Home queue. It should be here via mail in just a few days and that eliminates the need for me to find movies at the nearest kiosk. Blockbuster allows me to choose from over 100,000 movies in the comfort of my own home so I can take my time and really pick what I want to see.