Dad of Divas' Reviews: Blu-Ray Review - Atlas Shrugged II: The Strike

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Blu-Ray Review - Atlas Shrugged II: The Strike

About the Blu-Ray
Part two of Ayn Rand’s groundbreaking novel comes to the screen in this thrilling and powerful drama. The global economy is on the brink of collapse. Brilliant creators, from artists to industrialists, continue to mysteriously disappear. Dagny Taggart, Vice President in Charge of Operations for Taggart Transcontinental, has discovered what may very well be the answer to a mounting energy crisis - a revolutionary motor that could seemingly power the World. But, the motor is dead... there is no one left to decipher its secret... and, someone is watching. It's a race against the clock to find the inventor before the motor of the World is stopped for good.

My Take on the Blu-Ray
I never got to see this movie when it was in the movie theater, but ended up seeing this and part one when they came out on Blu-ray. This was a great continuation from the first movie that allows the viewer to see the earth in continued disarray and chaos. While I wished that I had read the book prior to seeing both the movies so I can better understand and follow the plot, I felt that I was easier able to follow the first movie more than the second. One of the things I found surprising was the fact that the cast changed completely from part one to part two. I think this was a bit of the reason that I was a confused at first as I was expecting to see the same faces that I did after watching part one, but instead there were brand-new faces. Not that the new actors did a poor job in portraying their characters, but instead it was just a set expectation in my mind that was not met. All-in-all the actors did a good job and the movie was solid, however, the movie was a bit harder to follow than part one in my opinion.


All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: