Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Cat Found

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Book Review - Cat Found

About the Book
A heartwarming tale about the importance of caring for strays.

In Billy's small town, stray cats are running wild, and there's growing pressure to get rid of them. The school bullies don't even hesitate to throw rocks at the poor creatures! So when Billy finds a wounded, starving kitten and sneaks her home, he has to be extra-careful to keep her hidden while he nurses her back to health. However precious little Conga is to him, he knows his dad would take her away if he discovered her, safe and warm in Billy's bedroom.

Can Billy and his friends confront the cat abusers, convince the town of the importance of caring for abandoned animals, and find a safe haven for strays?

A new, soon-to-be-classic animal story by the author of DOG LOST.

My Take on the Book
As someone who loves cats I was interested to see what this book would be about because I abhor the idea of animal abusers and I wondered whether this book would allow for my kids to understand my passion for this area. The author brings forward an interesting array of characters that try and advocate for cats that are running stray in the main characters found. The book was well-written and truly does draw you in, however, some of the reality that the book presents is it that graphic for young readers. That being said though the book does provide a reality that many kids may not realize is out there which I do commend. There will be times when you read this book and you may cringe you may want to turn away, but I encourage you to read onto see what happens to these individuals that are abusing animals. I would encourage you to read this first before your children to make sure that it is huge appropriate for them and that they can handle the situations that are addressed in the book itself.

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: