Dad of Divas' Reviews: Blu-Ray Review - Chasing Mavericks

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Blu-Ray Review - Chasing Mavericks

About the Movie
Chasing Mavericks is the inspirational true story of real life surfing phenom Jay Moriarity (played by newcomer Jonny Weston). When 15 year old Jay discovers that the mythic Mavericks surf break, one of the biggest waves on Earth, is not only real, but exists just miles from his Santa Cruz home, he enlists the help of local legend Frosty Hesson (played by Gerard Butler) to train him to survive it. As Jay and Frosty embark on their quest to accomplish the impossible, they form a unique friendship that transforms both their lives, and their quest to tame Mavericks becomes about far more than surfing. Chasing Mavericks was made with the help of some of the biggest names in the surfing world, and features some of the most mind-blowing real wave footage ever captured on film.

Blu-ray Special Features:

  • Deleted Scenes
    • Frosty and Jay Paddle
    • Jay Plays the Bills
    • Power of Money
    • Jay Laments


  • Surf City
  • Shooting Waves
  • Live Like Jay
  • Surfer Zen
  • Commentary from Director Michael Apted and Writers Brandon Hooper and Jim Meenaghan
  • Ultraviolet


My Take on the Movie
I am not a big surfing fan, but I have to say that this movie was very inspiring and fun to watch and enjoy as a family. It has a strong message that is good for the whole family and one that I want my kids to learn from. The acting is strong and though I never saw this in the theater by where I live, I wish it had gotten more theater time as I know that others would have enjoyed this as much as my family did! The movie is based off of a true story, and I have to say that these are the type of movies that I typically do enjoy and this did not disappoint. The movie was well done, and definitely stirs the emotions in many places throughout the film. The movie makes me want to go to California again soon as the scenery is simply awe-inspiring! All-in-all this was a great movie that I would encourage all to see! 


All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: