Dad of Divas' Reviews: The Walt Disney Studios Celebrates 17 Oscar Nominations!!!

Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Walt Disney Studios Celebrates 17 Oscar Nominations!!!

As some of you may have heard, the Oscar nominations were announced this morning and The Walt Disney Studios’ earned 17 nominations!!! Lincoln received 12 nominations including Best Picture and is the most nominated film of the year! Brave, Frankenweenie, Wreck-It Ralph, Paperman and Marvel’s The Avengers all received one nomination each and below please find a total list of our nominations along with select nominee reactions.

LINCOLN (DreamWorks/Touchstone)


  • Best Picture
  • Performance By An Actor In A Leading Role – Daniel Day-Lewis
  • Performance By An Actress In A Supporting Role – Sally Field
  • Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role – Tommy Lee Jones
  • Directing – Steven Spielberg
  • Adapted Screenplay – Tony Kushner
  • Music (Original Score) – John Williams
  • Cinematography – Janusz Kaminski
  • Costume Design – Joanna Johnston
  • Film Editing – Michael Kahn
  • Production Design – Rick Carter, Jim Erickson
  • Sound Mixing – Andy Nelson, Gary Rydstrom and Ronald Judkins


“We are absolutely thrilled and astonished with the 12 nominations. It is such a tribute to the work of those who joined us in this 12-year journey to bring LINCOLN to the screen. We humbly thank the Academy members who honored so many of us.”

- Steven Spielberg (Director/Producer) and Kathleen Kennedy (Producer)

“I'm spinning and beyond thrilled on so many levels. To be included in this amazing group of extraordinary craftsman and exquisite talents has been an honor in itself. But now for us all to receive so much recognition from the Academy I'm deeply appreciative and overwhelmed, and basically, I still can't believe I got the role."

- Sally Field (Supporting Actress)

“I'm tremendously honored to be a nominee in the company of so many writers and filmmakers whose work I admire. I'm very grateful to Steven and Kathy, to Daniel, Sally, Tommy Lee and the whole cast, to Rick, Joanna, Janusz, Mike and John and everyone who made Lincoln happen. I'm overwhelmed by the Academy's response to the film. I heard that I'd been nominated while waiting to take off on a plane from JFK to LAX. James Gandolfini, who's sitting in front of me, gave me a hug and a kiss, so I'm about as happy as can be. ”

- Tony Kushner (Adapted Screenplay)

“I’m thrilled and honored to be nominated, it was an extraordinary experience with a remarkable team who are all part of this recognition. It is my first nomination and I’m so happy to be part of this unique body of talent.”

- Joanna Johnston (Costume Designer)


BRAVE (Disney•Pixar)


  • Animated Feature Film


"We are incredibly honored by today's Academy Award nomination. 'Brave’ has been an adventure from the beginning - starting with our research trips to Scotland, the crew embarked upon a journey that inspired us all and forever changed our fates. Thanks to the Academy from all of us here at Pixar."

- Mark Andrews, Director, "Brave"


FRANKENWEENIE (Disney)


  • Animated Feature Film


"’Frankenweenie’ is a very personal film for me. The idea of telling a feature length version was in the back of my mind for many years. Stop Motion was the perfect medium for this project, and one I've always loved for its expressiveness and dimensionality. I've worked with so many incredible artists: animators, cast members, set builders, and puppet makers, all who have helped bring this film to life one frame at a time. I'm so honored that the Academy has recognized this film as one of its nominees."

- Tim Burton, Director “Frankenweenie”


WRECK-IT RALPH (Walt Disney Animation Studios)


  • Animated Feature Film


"To have the ‘Wreck-It Ralph’ team's passion and years of hard work acknowledged by the Academy is an honor like no other. We are so proud, so grateful - I can't wait to congratulate everyone in-person."

- Rich Moore, Director “Wreck-It Ralph”


PAPERMAN (Walt Disney Animation Studios)


  • Animated Short Film


"It's beyond an honor to have ‘Paperman’ nominated for an Oscar. I can't thank everyone on the team enough for their passion and hard work in making this dream project a reality."

- John Kahrs, Director “Paperman”


MARVEL’S THE AVENGERS (Marvel)


  • Visual Effects – Janek Sirrs, Jeff White, Guy Williams and Dan Sudick


All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: