Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - All The Colors of Busytown

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Book Review - All The Colors of Busytown

About the Book
Huckle Cat paints all the colors of Busytown--a red fire engine, a purple plum, an orange pumpkin, and many others. Oversized, cleverly designed page tabs encourage kids to go directly to the pages that show their favorite colors. This title is one of a two-book series of Richard Scarry's Concept Books. The companion title, Let's Count with Lowly, is also available from Barron's. Toddlers who are introduced to colors and counting with Richard Scarry's Concept Books. are in for a very special visual treat! The pictures in both of these books are bubbling with humor, packed with busy and interesting details, and vibrant with all the bright colors that have made Richard Scarry one of the most beloved names in children's illustration. The books are constructed of sturdy board pages that can take punishment from tiny hands and still remain in good condition.

My Take on the Book
My daughter loves Busytown! She has been a fan of it for some time and now even for her 5th my daughter loves Birthday Party she wants a Busytown Party...the challenge, materials and activities are not the easiest to find! But I digress. This was a great book. I loved all of the different tabs that indicated all of the different colors that the book goes through. Each of the tabs were large and well constructed, making it easy for young hands to manipulate them. I was impressed with how colorful each of the pages were and how easy it made the color to be recognized by the young child themselves. I was also impressed with the imagery within the book. The characters represented were those you know and love within the Busytown series, and my daughter loved paging through the book and reading it to her mother and I. If you are already a fan of the Busytown series, or if you are just looking for a fun color recognition book, this is definitely the book for your family!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: