Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Branding Pays

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Book Review - Branding Pays

About the Book
Globalization and social media have made the world smaller, more connected and infinitely more competitive. The world has changed. Have you? If you don’t have the package that will take you to the next level of your career, you need to reinvent your personal brand.

BrandingPays™, a practical guide to strategic personal branding, will help you refocus your skills and experience so you are the best candidate for the job, career and business opportunities that you desire. Perfect for professionals, entrepreneurs and college students, the step-by-step BrandingPays methodology has been proven in Fortune 500 companies and leading business schools. Former Regis McKenna Inc. Partner Karen Kang builds upon concepts and techniques from the legendary marketing firm that created and launched the Apple brand.

In this breakthrough book, author Karen Kang shows you how to:

· Position yourself for the best opportunities
· Clearly communicate your unique value
· Put your “cake” and “icing” together for a strong brand
· Leverage the influencers who can accelerate your reputation
· Build your Brand Action Plan for online and offline success

Overflowing with templates, charts and action lists that enable you to “Bake the Cake, then Ice It,” the book includes inspiring real-life examples, many from groups that are under-represented in top business leadership. No matter what challenges you face, Branding Pays will help you develop your recipe for successful branding.

My Take on the Book
Branding is something that I have been trying to work on for as long as I have had a blog, and it is not always easy. I love the idea in this book that the author shares, that Branding is not just about a product, but instead, you have to have your own personal brand to offer to others that you interact with them daily basis. This concept was a bit novel to me as I would not have thought about branding in such a way in the past. Through reading this book I can honestly say that my worldview was changed and it made me reassess what my own personal brand was. I'm actually in the process of reading this for a second time because there was much in the book that I resonated with that I want to be able to reflect on again. Especially in a world dominated by social media, his hand reading the book a second time, I am reminded that the brand that you share with others, especially on social media platforms becomes the brand that will follow you no matter where you go in today's society, and this is very important to understand and to realize as you examine the quality of conversations and interactions that you are having in these networks.

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: