Dad of Divas' Reviews: Product Review - Numi Organic Pu-erh

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Product Review - Numi Organic Pu-erh


Valentine’s Day always seems to sneak up on us while we’re still digesting the holidays and New Year. What to get that special someone without being cliché can be a daunting task. This year look beyond the heart-shaped box for an innovative and non-traditional present from Numi Organic Tea. Their newest creation, the Indulgent Pu-erh Tea Collection (SRP: $19.99-24.99), is guaranteed to make your loved one forget you not!

A handsome, sustainable bamboo box holds a premium sampling of Numi’s innovative, artisanal and delicious organic pu-erh teas – the perfect introduction to this innovative line. A unique gift for the discerning and adventuresome tea lover, the Indulgent Pu-erh Tea Collection includes four bags of each of the popular Numi Pu-erh flavors: Emperor’s Pu-erh, Chocolate Pu-erh, Cardamom Pu-erh, Ginger Pu-erh, Jasmine Pu-erh and Basil-Mint.

My Take on the Tea
I received a box of seven tea bags from NUMI. The box contained seven different organic black tea choices.The choices included : black tea, black tea and ginger, black tea with cardamon, black and green tea with jasmine flowers, black tea with orange mint and basil, and black tea with cocoa powder, vanilla beans, Rooibos, cinnamon, orange peel and nutmeg.

The PU-ERH tea is an ancient healing tea picked from 500 year old wild tea trees in Yunnan , China. I had previously tasted and enjoyed the decaffeinated Earl Grey Tea and Green tea. I was eager to taste the listed teas mentioned above when they arrived.

I brewed these teas fresh with new water. I will review two of the seven I tried. I first chose the black tea with the coca powder, vanilla beans, Rooibos, cinnamon, orange peel, and nutmeg. It sounded like quite a combination and a flavor experience. I found the tea flavorful. I could definitely taste the chocolate and the cinnamon. There were tones of the orange peel also. It was such a nice change from the regular black teas I prepare for myself.

The next one I will review for you was the black tea with ginger. Ginger is flavor I like to use in my baking and cooking. The tea was very nice to drink. I could definitely taste the ginger. It was not overpowering, just a subtle and sweet addition to the black tea.

I do not use sugar or cream in my teas, so the flavors were true to their packaged ingredients.

If you enjoy drinking tea and savoring different flavors, I would suggest you give the PU-ERH teas a try. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. The added benefit is they use totally organic tea leaves, the tea contains additional antioxidants, and the filter bags are biodegradable.

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: