Dad of Divas' Reviews: Product Review - Playskool Showcam 2-in-1 Digital Camera and Projector #GotItFree

Friday, October 4, 2013

Product Review - Playskool Showcam 2-in-1 Digital Camera and Projector #GotItFree

Playskool Showcam 2-in-1 Digital Camera and Projector
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Product
Playskool Showcam Digital Camera and Projector

Snap a pic and show it off instantly with the ShowCam kids' camera from Playskool. One flip of the switch instantly turns this easy-to-use digital camera into a real working projector. With over 50 ways to customize their pics and 3 ways to display them through the projector, kids will love to create their own show over and over again.

Playskool Showcam 2-in-1 Digital Camera and Projector
The Showcam 2-in-1 camera and projector was designed with real kids in mind. The chunky size, soft grips and added hand strap make it so easy for little hands to hold and play. Big, colorful buttons let kids navigate the simple controls with little or no help. Plus, our built-in photo editing feature is literally child's play - no computer or extra software needed. They just press the Silly Button to choose from lots of fun stamps, frames, animations and sound effects, then snap a funny picture.

Playskool Showcam 2-in-1 Digital Camera and Projector

Now it's super easy for kids to star in their own show to share with friends and family. Take some pics in a well-lit area, then turn down the lights to get started. Stand about 2 feet from a wall or any other flat surface and your little photographer can choose from 3 different ways to make a show. One option is to set an automatic slideshow with fun sound effects. They can also choose from 5 slideshow themes, or scroll through each photo on their own. With so many ways to customize your show, smile, say "cheese", and get snappin'!

Playskool Showcam 2-in-1 Digital Camera and Projector
Great kids' electronic hardware helps make great fun. The ShowCam kids' camera can store approximately 1000 photos without a memory stick. Just like the built-in stamps and animations, you won't need any extra software to download and print your pics with your home computer - just your own USB cable (not included).


My Take on the Book
My five year old was the person that I had use this, as I knew that it was geared toward younger kids. She loved the idea of using this because she sees me using my cameras all of the time so she actually has been bugging me to have her own.

The design of this camera is quite rugged and large which is good for young children as it is easy to hold, but not too heavy either.

The camera was easy to use and it really did not take much time for me to show her how to use it, and she actually took it out of my own hands and wanted to just figure it out for herself.

I will say that for me I would have liked to have had a bit better quality in the pictures. With more and more cameras coming out with better quality, I think kids cameras should too. I say this because I noticed that quite a few of the pictures that she took were a bit blurry and/or dark especially when she was shooting inside. If the camera had a built in flash, this may have helped, but alas it did not.

One of the things that sets this camera apart from other kids cameras I have seen is the projector capability, as I have not seen this on other kids cameras. My daughter loved sharing her pictures on the wall in our living room!

Overall, I am pleased for the most part on how this runs, though would have liked to have had better quality images in general. My daughter loves this and your child will too!


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: