About the Game
Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade brings home wacky and wild competitions for kids of all ages. Exclusively for the Wii U system from Nintendo, Obstacle Arcade lets players participate in over 30 all-new party games specifically designed for multiplayer. Delivering an unmatched combination of variety and value, it features dozens of hysterical obstacle courses, popular sporting events, and arcade and brain challenges.
Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade takes players to "Family Party Land," a magical island loaded with a combination of familiar games and over-the-top challenges. Dodge barrels, ride horses, skydive, shoot rockets, kick goals, and more. Rule the island by earning medals and high scores, and unlocking new games.
- Over 30 unique party games that highlight the all-new Wii U system!
- Use the all-new Wii U GamePad in special 1-on-3 multiplayer challenges
- Aim and shoot with the Wii U GamePad to kick soccer balls or to act as a game master in hidden card games and obstacle course challenges.
- Tilt the Wii U GamePad to roll giant balls, to fly through space in zero gravity, or to block projectiles as a shield
- Track high scores and game progress on the Wii U GamePad's display
- Loaded with fun games custom made for family play, including tons of extreme obstacle courses, sports, and arcade game challenges
- Over the top obstacles: Giant bouncing balls, alligator jumping, crazy hurdles, jetpacks vs. rocket launchers, and other thrills!
- Sports: Everything from air hockey to eating contests to rodeo
- Fun for the whole family: Arcade games, card games, and more
- An unmatched combination of variety and value!
- All games designed for 4-player multiplayer and all-ages family competition
- Win trophies and achieve high scores to unlock new games and characters
- Less than $1 a game for over 30 fun party games that showcase the all-new Wii U system.
My Take on the Game
I was lucky enough to try this game out with my kids. The initial concept of having 30 games in one is definitely intriguing and seems very cost effective. I was very impressed at first with this concept and was surprised to initially find that you did not have access to all 30 until you play for a while. Also, the graphics were ok but definitely not to the same standard of some of some of the other WII U games that we have played in the past. Once you do play for a while there are definitely some fun games that you can get into that are both engaging and entertaining. Also, the games were usually easy enough for even my five year old to play which is always a positive thing. I was also a bit surprised that you do not get to use the gamepad much, but instead the controllers, and sometimes you do have to keep both close as you have to switch back and forth at times. All-in-all, once you open up all 30 games you have a ton to choose from. You will have to be patient while working through the games to unlock other games, but one thing that is nice is that you have the opportunity to play this with up to four players in all at once. So...some good, some bad, but entertaining in the long run.
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at email@example.com