Dad of Divas' Reviews: DVD Review - Dancing With the Stars: Cardio Dance for Weight Loss

Friday, May 17, 2013

DVD Review - Dancing With the Stars: Cardio Dance for Weight Loss

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.




About the DVD
Dance Yourself Slim...No Partner Needed! You've seen celebrities shed pounds on ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" and now its your turn! Join professional dancers Kym Johnson and Mark Ballas for CARDIO DANCE FOR WEIGHT LOSS. Start dancing your way to a lean body with these three easy-to-follow routines based on the fat-burning moves from the show. Learn the basic dance steps in the Warm-Up and then really burn some calories with the sexy Samba, hip-shaking Salsa and high-energy Swing!

The Dancing with the Stars: Cardio Dance for Weight Loss DVD includes:

  • Warm-Up: Get ready to dance by learning the signature moves that make up the cardio workouts.
  • Samba: Boost your heart rate and blast calories with this rhythmical Brazilian dance routine that works your abs, thighs and butt.
  • Salsa: This Cuban dance focuses on a 1-2-3 rhythm to give you a full-body workout & a tight tummy.
  • Swing: This upbeat American dance combines the Jitter Bug, Lindy Hop, and Jive all in one for the ultimate leg work out.


My Take on the DVD
We have been fans of this series on television since the first season and my wife and I usually live vicariously through the dancers on the show as we cannot dance in anyway like them. Thus, when we were given the chance to try out this DVD we jumped at it.  The DVD states that it is for beginners and there are parts that seem to be geared toward this level of dancer (like my wife and I), but as the DVD progresses, the main instructors keep moving quickly, so you really have to watch fast to understand all of the moves. We loved the different dances you could work on and get better at. I think my favorite thus far is the jive and my wife's is the samba. One thing that was missing from this DVD was a cool down, so you will need to find a way to cool down after the exercise routine. Overall, this was quite enjoyable, and though fast at time, after a few times I found that I was catching on quickly. I would have to say that if I can do this, mostly anyone can!

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I knew dance is very good exercise to lose weight but still I don’t have any knowledge apart from this. Here you explained about the dances, how a particular dance works with our body. Well written and thanks for sharing.