About the Magazine
The school year is winding down and summer is right around the corner. The May/June issue of American Girl magazine—the country’s most popular magazine dedicated exclusively to girls ages 8 and up— has activities, crafts, and stories to spark girls’ imaginations and give them countless ideas for summer fun!
The issue features an array of entertaining crafts, compelling fiction and inspiring stories of girls making a difference, plus plenty of engaging puzzles, games, and quizzes. Below are a few highlights that may inspire story or excerpt ideas for you.
- In the Spotlight (p. 12-15): Three young performers share what it’s like to star on stage in a Broadway musical, perform on national television, and host an online radio show.
- Beat Stage Fright (p. 16-17): Readers will find helpful hints about how to calm jittery nerves on stage and during common social activities.
- Make Your Mark (p. 20-25): Packed with tips and tricks for creating colorful doodles and designs with markers, this feature inspires the reader to add her special touch to everyday household items.
- Twists! (p. 26-29): What can you do with a twist of your wrist? Step-by-step instructions make it easy for girls to learn unique swirly, darling ‘dos.
- Cute Cakes (p. 30-31): Can cupcakes taste like ice cream? Girls will enjoy yummy recipes for summer treats made with cupcakes.
Created as an age-appropriate alternative to teen magazines, American Girl is the largest bi-monthly publication dedicated exclusively to girls ages 8 and up. The magazine has won numerous awards for its content and design, including 16 from the Parents’ Choice Foundation.
My Take on the Magazine
This was a great magazine that is geared for girls. My daughter has been reading this for some time, but every month she always has so much to share with me about what she has learned. With a combination of crafts, activities and insights into life, this magazine both this month and in general gives girls a great insight into life. I really liked the article on the girls that are working on broadway as it was insightful and really let you see into their world. If you have a pre-tween, tween or teen, this is a great magazine that as a parent you can know will be sharing some valuable, girl friendly content!
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org