June is Dairy Month…serving for more than 70 years as a reminder of the importance of getting more protein- and calcium-rich dairy products into the family’s diet – especially for children. But parents often wonder how to do that when they’re on the go, since dairy products need to remain chilled.
Milk Unleashed is an educational campaign to let people know that shelf safe milk is a great solution when you’re on the go, especially with summer activities on the horizon. It is Grade A milk that doesn’t require refrigeration until it’s opened (no preservatives added). Single-serving milk boxes – similar to juice boxes – can be stored in the pantry for up to six months without refrigeration. It’s a convenient and healthy way to get the nutrition from milk on car trips, while camping, at the park…even at the beach. Freeze a few cartons the night before and toss into a sports bag, picnic basket or cooler, and it will be the right temperature when you’re ready to drink it.
According to the Journal of Pediatrics, dairy and calcium intakes are inadequate in most four- to 18-year-olds. A carton (8 oz.) of shelf safe milk has eight grams of protein and nine essential nutrients. Now it’s easy to substitute a healthy beverage choice when you’re away from home, anytime, anywhere.
Here are a few ways to celebrate Dairy Month in June:
- Download a Cow Calendar with fun facts about dairy cows
- Enter our “Where is your Milk Unleashed?” photo contest and show us an unlikely place your family enjoys shelf safe milk. You could win a month’s worth of shelf safe milk
- Check out some tips for getting kids to drink more milk
- Read about how milk can become shelf safe
- Engage with moms and dads who are sharing ways to improve their kids’ nutrition
- Try some of these fun, family adventures…like a cereal picnic!
- Learn how moms and dads can help other parents in developing countries around the world get milk for their children
- See all the types of shelf safe milk available in your local grocery
For more ideas, visit www.MilkUnleashed.com
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org