Dad of Divas' Reviews: Game Review - Nancy Drew: Ghost of Thornton Hall

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Game Review - Nancy Drew: Ghost of Thornton Hall

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.




About the Game
Jessalyn Thornton's fateful sleepover at the abandoned Thornton estate was supposed to be a pre-wedding celebration, but the fun ended when she disappeared. While her family searches for clues, others refuse to speak about the estate's dark past. Did something supernatural happen to Jessalyn, or is someone in Thornton Hall holding something besides family secrets?

  • Solve Two Mysteries: Expose the fate of Jessalyn Thornton and unveil the truth about a family ghost 
  • Take on the Scariest Nancy Drew Case Ever: Explore crypts and graveyards and uncover moving statues, sliding panels and secret passages 
  • Examine Multiple Motives Under a Full Moon! Uncover old secrets and divulge new motives among the Thornton friends and family 
  • Unravel Perplexing and Spooky Puzzles! Reveal shocking evidence and critical clues buried beneath the spooky ruins 
  • Track Your Trophies! Verify your unlocked achievements on the new trophy menu display
  • Fast Forward Conversations! The all new Fast Convo feature allows the player to accelerate through all character conversations

My Take on the Game
This was another great game from HER interactive. I downloaded it the other day and my daughter and I were excited to try it out, as we have enjoyed the other Nancy Drew games in the past. You see for my daughter, these games bring the original Nancy Drew books that she loves to read to life, and I have to agree that the games in the past have been very well done and have held true to the mystery and intrigue of the Nancy Drew mysteries of the past. 

In getting into this game I have to say that again I was impressed with the overall game itself. Depending on the level of expertise that you feel that you have you can select the difficulty. We chose amateur and I was glad that I did, as there were parts that were challenging enough as an amateur (in my perspective). Be ready to be drawn in from the very beginning and know that as it says above, this game is a bit darker than others I have tried and thus has some more scary moments as well (but not too scary). I loved that the download also came with an e-book that helped you maneuver throughout the sections of the game, as this made our game playing that much more enjoyable as well. It is not a requirement to read, but does give you some helpful hints and tips! 

All-in-all, we are definitely not through the game as of yet, but can say that we are very impressed with the quality of graphics, and the overall story of the game, and if you are a Nancy Drew fan, you will be too!

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: