Dad of Divas' Reviews: DVD Review - Big Bad Beetleborgs: Season One, Vol. 1

Monday, September 24, 2012

DVD Review - Big Bad Beetleborgs: Season One, Vol. 1

About the DVD
Premiered in 1996, popular weekly kids series Big Bad Beetleborgs follows the exciting adventures of three ordinary kids Drew, Jo and Roland as they enter the supposedly haunted mansion after accepting a dare. Their lives changed forever when a magical spirit grants them their biggest wish – they get to find out what life is like as their favorite super heroes the Beetleborgs! Fans of this memorable 90’s live-action series rejoice when Saban’s Big Bad Beetleborgs: Season One, Volume One 3-DVD set hits home entertainment shelves everywhere on October 16, 2012 from Shout! Factory, in collaboration with Saban Brands. Featuring the first 27 fun-filled episodes from the first season, this DVD release has long been anticipated by fans. The collectible Saban’s Big Bad Beetleborgs: Season One, Volume One DVD set is priced to own with a suggested retail price of $19.93.

When three kids explore Charterville’s haunted Hillhurst Mansion on a dare, they discover a lot more than they bargain for! The trio find a wild and wacky phasm named Flabber, who changes their lives forever when he grants their wish tobecome the superheroes they’ve read about in BeetleBorgs comics. However, not only does Flabber grant the kids’ wish, but he also accidentally facilitates the escape of supervillain Vexor and his evil gang of Magnavors from the comic book as well! Now it’s up to these three newly tapped superheroes — aided by a friendly neighborhood phasm and armed with fantastic powers and awesome vehicles — to save the world from the forces of darkness that threaten the peace and harmony of all mankind.

My Take on the DVD
I had never seen this series back in the 1990's so watching this was fun, as I always enjoy seeing new television series'. The series itself had a good story line and while some of the characters were a bit over the top, that's what makes the series as fun as it was. One of the things that I liked best was that it brought me back to when I was a kid reading comics. Each time I picked up a comic I wished that I too could find the mutant M on my hand as I got older. This series showed three kids who had their dream come true. The other thing that was great about this was that you had the chance to see the first 27 episodes, and while there will be more that will be coming, this was a great first start!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: