Timelines with captioned color photos and illustrations, plus capsule summaries recounting the deeds of generals and statesmen, the rise and fall of nations, battles and cataclysms, royal dynasties, world-changing inventions, and great moments in history fill the pages of this eminently "browsible" book. It's a sweeping pictorial narrative that begins with descriptions of humanity's earliest origins, and extends to the twenty-first century. A few of its highlights include--
- Archaeological finds of prehistoric tools and artworks, including artifacts that date from as early as 100,000 years ago
- Summaries of early civilizations in Egypt, Babylonia, Assyria, the Indus Valley, ancient China, Greece, and Rome
- Medieval Europe and Christianity, Viking explorations and attacks, Mongol expansion in Asia The European Renaissance and global exploration
- The European Enlightenment, the American and French revolutions, and the Napoleonic era
- The industrial revolution, early inventions, the beginnings of modern science
- The twentieth century, world wars, the age of high technology
- World affairs since 9/11. . . and much more
My Take on the Book
What an amazing resource this book provides for the whole family. East to read with amazing images this book makes world history easy to comprehend and so interesting for the reader. This was a great book that I have been reading with my daughter. It has been a lot of fun going backwards in time (for her sake) so that she can get a better grasp for time. Her eyes have been as big as saucers as we have been reading through this as I show her things about wars, and past civilizations. It has been so much fun sharing this with her and I know that will find find the same joy in sharing this with your own family!
All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at email@example.com