Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Courageous Teens

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Book Review - Courageous Teens

About the Book
It 's hard to be a teenager in today 's society. There are a lot of issues that require an incredible amount of courage on the part of our next generation of leaders. In Courageous Teens, Michael Catt, senior pastor of Sherwood Baptist Church, and best-selling youth market author Amy Parker, work together to inspire today 's teenagers to live with strength and courage.

Catt brings fresh insight to " stories of people in the Bible who displayed great courage when it would have been easier to play it safe . . . (who) challenge me to keep moving forward. They demand that I examine my priorities and deal with anything that brings fear to my heart."

Teens will learn more about the faith and courage of such biblical giants as Abraham, Moses, Nehemiah, Ruth, Daniel, and many more.

Parker arranges the heart-stirring material into four categories: Courageous Faith, Courageous Leadership, Courageous Priorities, and Courageous Influence.

My Take on the Book
What was great about this book is that it takes biblical names/people that you have heard about for years and makes them come alive. The book makes them relevant for today's teens and helps them to see how their lives and their experiences are relevant to them in today's society. The book was an easy read, with so much practical application. The book also brings together great messages that I know that I would want my daughter to learn about once she was a teen. This is a great book that will inspire and motivate all who read!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: