Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - I Am Helen Keller

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Book Review - I Am Helen Keller

About the Book
A brand-new biography series featuring some of the most important people from history and today.

I am two years old when I become deaf and blind. I live in a world of darkness. I am finally able to read and write with the help of my teacher Annie Sullivan. I am Helen Keller.

Learn all about this remarkable young woman, whose accomplishments are truly inspiring, in the continuation of Scholastic's latest biography series: I AM. This book will feature illustrations throughout, a timeline, an introduction to the people you'll meet in the book, maps, sidebars, and a top ten list of important things to know about Helen Keller.

My Take on the Book
This was such an interesting book! I have to say that I was not aware of half of the information within this book. On top of this, the book was written in such a way that any child would enjoy it. With a mix of illustrations and text you get a clear picture of who Helen Keller was and what made her such a unique individual. When my daughter read this, we had a very long conversation about what it would be like to have no sight or hearing. This book will open your child's imagination to what it would be like to live in a very different way than they do and still be able to survive and thrive as Helen Keller did!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: