Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - I Am George Washington

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Book Review - I Am George Washington

About the Book
The inspiring tale of an American hero's journey to become the first President of the United States.

Just in time for President's Day, children will be moved by Washington's revolutionary vision for our country. Celebrated war hero, George Washington used his progressive ideals to become the first President of the US, earning the nickname "Father of his country." Readers will be inspired by Washington's heroic journey to make America a better place.

My Take on the Book
George Washington has always been such a complex leadership character that I have tried hard to learn about. I have read a number of his biographies which have been very complex, and would not be good for the young reader. This book however, was a great read, and it provided the reader a good insight into the man, and the leader that George Washington was without getting too lost in the intricacies and minutia of his life. The mix of illustrations and text was great and when I gave this to my daughter to read, she said that it was cool (she is currently on a kick about learning about the Presidents). All-in-all this was a great book that allowed me to share this great leader with my own daughter, and I hope that she, like I, will see the amazing man that he was through this book!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: