Dad of Divas' Reviews: Blu-ray Review - Trance

Friday, July 26, 2013

Blu-ray Review - Trance

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.



Trance

About the Movie
From ACADEMY AWARD®-Winning director Danny Boyle* (Slumdog Millionaire) comes Trance, an “exhilarating brain-twister” (New York Post)! After a blow to the head during his attempted robbery of a $27 million Goya painting, Simon (James McAvoy, X-Men: First Class), a fine-art auctioneer, awakens to find that the painting – and his memory – are missing. Forced by his ruthless crime partner Franck (Vincent Cassel, Black Swan) to undergo hypnosis, Simon enters into a deadly love triangle with his seductive hypnotist (Rosario Dawson, Sin City). As the plot twists, the line between reality and dream becomes blurred in this fast-paced, unpredictable, “sexy and suspenseful” (Empire) thriller.

Special Features:
BD Exclusive Features

  • Theatrical Feature Blu-ray
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Trance Unraveled (Easter Egg)
  • The Power of Suggestion-Making Trance
  • Kick Off
  • Danny's Film Noir
  • Hypnotherapy
  • The Look
  • The Final Rewrite
  • Danny Boyle Retrospective
  • Short Film: EUGENE by Spencer Susser
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • UV Copy


DVD Exclusive Features

  • Theatrical Feature
  • Hypnotherapy
  • The Look
  • The Power of Suggestion-Making Trance
  • The Final Rewrite
  • Theatrical Trailer





My Take on the Movie
This was a movie that will take you on a ton of twists and turns throughout. For me, these plot alterations are what make the movie exciting and entertaining. The movie itself though also makes you think somewhat about what is happening and for some it may seem confusing (not for me though). For some that I have spoken to who did see this movie as confusing, I believe that much of it comes from the way that the story is laid out. The movie is not linear and can jump around a bit to set up and take you through the action/events. You simply have to ride this out and go along for the ride, taking everything in and exploring the thrilling mystery that it is.

The actors in this movie gave great performances and truly embodied their roles. They were able to draw me deeper into the story and connect me at a deeper level in regards to what was happening in the movie, just like a good actor should be able to do.

All-in-all this was a movie that I was surprised by, not because I wasn't expecting great things, but I had no expectations going in. I was happily surprised to how solid the movie was and as long as you are able to let go and just go along for the ride, I know you too will find this to be a spellbinding movie also!


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: