Dad of Divas' Reviews: DVD Review - Teen Beach Movie

Thursday, July 25, 2013

DVD Review - Teen Beach Movie

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.



Teen Beach Movie

About the Movie
Teen Beach Movie centers around two teen surfers, Brady and Mackenzie, who are magically transported into a 1960s beach movie where they must try to blend in until they can find their way out. They soon discover that there is an intense rivalry between the local surfers and bikers. Things don't go according to plan when our modern-day duo accidently change the plot of the movie, and the two lead characters fall for them instead of each other! As everyone around them starts singing and dancing, and a fight between the bikers and surfers breaks out, Brady and Mack must attempt to get out of the movie and back to present day. (DVD+In-Packed Zipper Pull)
 



My Take on the Movie
I watched this movie with my two daughters and they simply loved it! With music and some actors that they both know from the Disney Channel, they were drawn in from beginning to end. In watching this I have to say that though the plot was somewhat predictable, the music was fun and you get drawn into the relationships of the characters. There also is a grease/west side story-esque quality of the movie with the turf war between the bikers and surfers which was fun. You also get a lot of stereotypes placed on certain types of characters and I was able to have a great conversation about these after the movie was over with my daughters. This is definitely a throw back to some of the beach movies of the 1960's and though my kids never saw these, they loved this and know it will be one that will be watched over and over again (I have already been told as much). 

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: