Dad of Divas' Reviews: DVD Review - My Little Pony: Equestria Girls

Thursday, July 25, 2013

DVD Review - My Little Pony: Equestria Girls

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.


My Little Pony: Equestria Girls


About the DVD
When Twilight Sparkle’s crown is stolen from the Crystal Empire, she pursues the thief, Sunset Shimmer, into an alternate world where she finds herself turned into…a teenage girl! To regain her crown and return to Equestria, Twilight must learn how to fit into this strange, new world and defeat Sunset Shimmer in a competition to become crowned Princess of the Fall Formal at Canterlot High. Luckily, she will have the assistance of Spike and five teenage girls who remind her of a certain group of ponies back home.




 
My Take on the DVD
With my girls already being My Little Pony Fans, this seemed like a perfect fit for them, and in this you get a full length feature and not just a short episode. In watching this I have to say that the creators did a great job combining two worlds and creating something magical for the viewer. My daughters loved the characters and caught on immediately that there were some connections between the friends that Twilight Sparkle had in the Crystal Empire and the alternate world, but the movie keeps you guessing somewhat on what will happen in the end. The plot was fun and engaging and you get easily drawn in and lose track of time when watching. Overall, this was a great movie for the whole family!  


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: