Dad of Divas' Reviews: DVD Review - Sid The Science Kid: Sid's Backyard Camp Out

Thursday, May 24, 2012

DVD Review - Sid The Science Kid: Sid's Backyard Camp Out

About the DVD 
Pack some food and bring your backpack because Sid, Gerald, and Dad are gearing up for a big adventure! They're setting up tents for a campout in the backyard! Dad is eager to share his love of nature and demonstrates how to have a great time outside with the simplest of necessities. They look for animals, cook their own dinner, marvel at the stars in the sky, roast marshmallows, and sing songs around the campfire. Join the adventure and sing along!

My Take on the DVD
Ever since this series started I was impressed with the message and the content that the show provided, as it encouraged kids to be active learners and this DVD was no different. While there was only one episode on this DVD, it followed a similar format to some of the shows that are on PBS, though it was extended (being 45 minutes long). I knew this going in so I was not surprised that there was not more on the DVD (though I would have loved more). The DVD itself was filled with some great music and I loved seeing the interaction between Sid and his Dad, as a positive relationship between father and son is always a good thing to see on television. All-in-all I was impressed with the DVD and will say that anyone that loves Sid the Science Kid will enjoy this. If you have never seen this series, you should as it teaches kids so much about the world around them, but also about friendship, self-esteem and individuality.

  All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: