Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - I Survived True Stories: Nature Attacks

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Book Review - I Survived True Stories: Nature Attacks

I Survived True Stories: Nature Attacks

 photo disclaimer_zpsd3x74ej2.jpg



About the Book
Gripping true stories of real kids who have survived horrifying disasters from the author of the New York Times-bestselling I Survived series!

The author of the New York Times-bestselling I Survived series brings us four more harrowing true stories of real kids in the midst of horrible disasters.

From 14-year-old Joseph Dunn who was the lone survivor of the Shark Attacks of 1916, to 9-year-old Mike Kramer who, with the help of his quick-thinking parents, survived the Peshtigo fire of 1871 (which took place on the very same day in history as the Great Chicago Fire!), to the 13-year-old girl who survived a terrifying attack by a box jellyfish, this is a collection of unforgettable narrative non-fiction stories of unimaginable destruction -- and, against all odds, survival.



My Take on the Book
Talk about spine-chilling attacks! My daughter has been fascinated by the I Survived stories and these really brought her to the edge of her seat. These stories, were definitely ones that she found very interesting as they came right from the mouths of kids her own age. Some of the stories made her say she did not want to go into the water again but after I talked to her about it, she was fine. The book was well written and a very interesting read. Many of these stories were ones that I had never heard before, so it was a great read not only for my daughter, but it was fun to read as a parent too!


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: