Dad of Divas' Reviews: Game Review - LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Game Review - LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin

LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin

 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Game
There is a new threat in Ninjago, and he goes by the name of Ronin. With help from his army of dark samurai, Ronin steals the Ninjas' memories using an ancient weapon called the Obsidian Glaive. In LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin, it is up to players to help the Ninjas regain their memories and reclaim their powers before Ronin completes his plan and releases an even greater evil on Ninjago.

Game Features
  • Battle through iconic locales from the LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitsu TV series, including the Ice Temple, the Toxic Bogs and Chen's Island.
  • Uncover the secret behind the Obsidian Weapons, ancient yet powerful tools.
  • Defend Ninjago from well-known enemies, including the Serpentine, Nindroids and more.
  • Drive, fly, stomp and slide your way through levels with an exciting array of bikes, jets, mechs and even dragons!
  • Unleash an elemental tornado to smash your way through enemies and solve puzzles. Team up and create the multi-elemental Tornado of Creation!

My Take on the Game
We love the partnership that LEGO and Nintendo have and the games that they have created and thus we were very excited about this game coming out. We were excited not only because of LEGO, but also because it was Ninjago too.

In getting into the game itself. We had a blast trying this out. There was some great graphics and video interplay that let you better understand the game in general.

The story overall isn't too deep, but it does have some good laughs and it is original. I liked the vast amount of characters but I could see that if you did not know the TV series or the Ninjago characters in general that it might be a bit much to remember all of the characters.

The game has a ton of puzzles and such that you go through to get to the next level. Each level has some great open areas for finding studs as well as to unlock new characters. There are times when I found that I needed to replay the level to find everything, but I did find everything in the end.

The controls in the game varied from level to level. I liked that depending on the point in the level you were either on foot or in a vehicle. This made the levels fun and definitely different.

One of the final things I will mention is the length of the game. I found that the game itself was longer than other LEGO games, but this was definitely a good thing in my perspective. My girls and I had a blast playing this and I believe that you and your family will as well!


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: