About the Movie
Take a journey with the most unlikely hero when the adorable and heartwarming tale, Yellowbird, flies onto DVD, Digital HD and On Demand April 7 from Lionsgate Home Entertainment. Awarded the Dove Seal of Approval, the digitally animated film is perfect for the whole family. Headlined by the voice talents of Seth Green (Austin Powers franchise), Dakota Fanning (The Twilight Saga) and Danny Glover (The Color People), Yellowbird includes a behind-the-scenes look at the voice recording for the film and a “making of” featurette and will be available on DVD for the suggested retail price of $19.98.
Just when it’s time to migrate to Africa, Darius (Glover), the elder of the flock, is wounded. He will have no choice but to share all his secrets, wisdom and new flying routes with the first bird that happens to come along. The candidate is none other than Yellowbird (Green), an eccentric little fellow, super excited about the challenge, but without the slightest hint of knowledge or natural talent for migrating whatsoever.
- Seth Green TV’s “Family Guy,” Austin Powers franchise
- Dakota Fanning The Twilight Saga, Coraline, The Runaways
- Jim Rash The Way, Way Back, TV’s “Community,” TV’s “Reno 911!”
- Yvette Nicole Brown TV’s “Community,” Hotel for Dogs, Repo Men
- Christine Baranski Into the Woods, Mama Mia!, TV’s “The Good Wife”
- Richard Kind Spin City, A Bug’s Life, Argo, The Angriest Man in Brooklyn
- Danny Glover SAW, Lethal Weapon, The Color Purple
- and Elliott Gould Showtime’s “Ray Donovan,” Ocean’s Eleven, TV’s “Kim Possible”
- “Inside the Studio: Recording the Voices for Yellowbird” featurette
- “How to Make an Animated Film with Director Christian De Vita” featurette
My Take on the Movie
My family loves animated films! I didn't know what to expect with this DVD, as I had never heard about it before. That being said I was impressed with the casting within the movie, so we were excited to check it out and experience it for ourselves.
Watching this with the kids, I first noticed that the animation and story were strong. That being said, the move was fast paced and fun and my kids loved watching this as did I.
This renewed my faith in non-big box animated films as it was great and definitely had a great message that was shared!
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org