Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Oh My Godmother The Magic Mistake

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Book Review - Oh My Godmother The Magic Mistake

Oh My Godmother The Magic Mistake
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Book
After becoming the most awkward fairy godmother ever, twelve year old Lacey Unger-Ware thought that her magical duties were done for good. In fact, she's just getting started. When Lacey is invited to attend the Godmother Academy it should be a dream come true. But to Lacey it means the total opposite: she'll have to be separated from her friends and family for a hundred years. Um, no thank you!

But this is an offer Lacey can't refuse. The fairy godmother Katarina knows that Lacey will be cursed forever if she doesn't complete the magical test. Now Lacey must find the true love for one special lady and arrange the perfect wedding before time runs out. With her best friends Sunny and Paige along to help, there's a glimmer of hope. But where's a fairy godmother to save the day when you need one? Oh, wait...

The second book in Barbara Brauner and James Iver Mattson's middle grade series is full of heart and charm, and Abigail Halpin's black-and-white illustrations are irresistible.



My Take on the Book
I had never heard of this book when I was sent it to review, so did not know that it was a part of a series. As I got into the book itself I found though the the book itself was easy to follow and drew me in even without knowing a lot about the back story of the series. As big fans of magic and fantasy my oldest really enjoyed this book. There was fun humor sprinkled throughout and some very funny parts as well. The book was well written and best of all had characters that you want to know! I found that the book really moved and reading it with my daughter we finished it in hardly anytime at all. Now that we have read this my daughter wants to back track and read the first book and is looking forward to the next one in the series to come too.


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: