Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - In a While, Crocodile: New Orleans Slow Cooker Recipes

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Book Review - In a While, Crocodile: New Orleans Slow Cooker Recipes

In a While, Crocodile: New Orleans Slow Cooker Recipes
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Book
Many never seem to have the time to make good-quality meals for their families. A slow cooker is a great solution. In this convenient cookbook, favorite New Orleans recipes have been adapted for cooking in this popular appliance.



My Take on the Book
The women who wrote this cookbook were born and raised in New Orleans. They gathered recipes from friends and family and also invented some on their own. The chapters include: appetizers, soups and stews, entrees, sides, and desserts. All of them use the slow cooker.

As I read each recipe, I found that most recipes required ingredients that could easily be found outside of the New Orleans area. The directions were well written and easy to understand. There are several recipes I will note here that I want to try with my family soon: Charters Cajin Bean and Sausage Soup, Baronne Street Bruscialoni (similar to the Italian version of stuffed steak), Prytania Potatoes, and Blueberry Cobbler.

The recipes in this book are meat based and vegetarian.

If you are searching for a cookbook that is easy to use and bring a flavor of New Orleans into your kitchen and taste buds, I suggest you take a look at this one.



----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: