Dad of Divas' Reviews: George Foreman Next Grilleration™ Removable Plate Grill

Friday, June 3, 2011

George Foreman Next Grilleration™ Removable Plate Grill

New results of independent testing show that the George Foreman Grill removes up to 42% of fat from quarter-pound burgers made with 80/20 ground chuck beef, translating to a reduction of approximately 89 calories per burger!


With this in mind I took my grilling experience to the next level and decided to try out the new George Foreman Grill to see if it did indeed take out the fat that it said that it did in its claims!


This grill claims to provide a family with a:
  • 72 square inch grilling surface lets you cook for 4
  • 2 dishwasher-safe removable grill plates for easy clean up
  • Temperature indicator light indicates plates are at grilling temperature
  • Integrated handle is ergonomic & compact
  • George Tough™ Triple non-stick coating is durable & eliminates need for oil
  • Patented sloped grill design knocks out the fat
  • 1 ½" floating hinge works to accommodate thick cuts of meat
  • Embedded heat elements provide consistent heat & rapid recovery time
  • Dishwasher-safe removable plates with cool-touch handles for easy clean up
  • 2 Plates included: 2 ribbed grill plates
  • 2 drip trays catch run off liquids for no-mess clean up
  • 2 spatulas are customized for grill

I wanted to put this grill to the test and try out a new Burger Recipe that I had found on AllRecipes.com. This recipe was called Chris' Bay Area Burger and it looked delicious! The instructions on making the burger from AllRecipe were easy enough to follow and the setup for the Grill were simple as well. I did wash the grill plate prior to using it, but after this it was quite easy to setup. Mostly all one had to do was plug in the unit and you were ready to go.

After making the hamburger patties I turned on the grill and was amazed at how quickly the grill did heat up. I had reviewed a different model in the past and in my opinion, this grill tended to warm up even quicker than the other had previously. Once warm, I was able to get a few burgers on the plate, seeing that I had kept the burgers smaller in nature I was able to get four patties on the grill itself. The grill did a good job at brning off the fat and cooked the meat evenly.

As I said in my previous review the grill's main drawback in my eyes is space and having enough space to store this indoors. I do not have a lot of cabinet space, and do not like to leave a ton of things on my counter tops so we ended up finding a space above our cabinets, but not everyone has this luxury. This was a little smaller than the last unit that I reviewed which was better for my family though. I also should say that this grill would be great for the family on the go, or even at a tailgate IMHO. It is light, portable and does a good job at cooking the meat. It also can hold quite bit of meat at one time. Overall, this grill gets two thumbs up, and my recommendation for those of you looking for an inside grilling option!

Do you have a unique burger recipe that you want to share with the world? If so there is a Lean Mean Burger Challenge recipe contest underway with the Meal Makeover Moms on the George Foreman Cooking Facebook page, where you can enter and spread the word about, if they would like to (not a requirement to participate in this campaign) to win some great prizes. The contest requires entrants to submit their best original and creative burger recipe prepared on any George Foreman Grill. One grand prize winner will receive $1,000 and five finalists will receive $100 gift certificates to GeorgeForemanCooking.com!  Visit http://www.facebook.com/George…..thyCooking to access the contest and all of the information necessary to enter. This contest will close for entries on June 6, 2011.

I received this Grill from being a part of the Family Review Network. All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: