Dad of Divas' Reviews: Instant Glue by Elmers Takes Projects to the Next Level

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Instant Glue by Elmers Takes Projects to the Next Level

There are always things that break or small things that you need to fix around the house or so it seems. Especially with kids, you find quickly that nothing is safe and even things that you thought could not break, in fact can break! With this in mind I have had different occasions in the past to have to fix items with Instant Glue. I have found this glue to be great (as long as it didn't get on my own fingers) at fixing small breaks. I was always amazed at the bonding capacity at this glue and how easily it bonds together seemingly any type of material that you can think of.

Thanks to Elmers and Collective Bias I was given the chance to shop and see what I think of the current line of Instant Glue products at Elmers. Before I did this though I had to think about what projects I had going around the house, or what needed fixing and two items came to mind. They both were wooden fish that my wife and I purchased on our honeymoon 13 years ago. These fish have moved many times with us and have weathered almost everything, that is besides our children. Over the past few years the kids have had some run-ins with these fist leaving a few places on them broken...so today all of that will change.


So off to Walmart I went to purchase this glue. When I arrived it was not hard finding the aisle for the glue. I was surprised that there were not more Elmers varieties. Loctite offered many more options, though I am not for certain on the quality of the overall product. I decided to purchase one of each of the containers of Instant Glue to see what I thought. In looking at the overall display in the store, I found the Elmers Instant Glue to be somewhat hidden at the bottom of all of the Loctite products (or at least overshadowed). At the end og the aisle there was a great display of Elmers Gluesticks, and I thought to myself that this would be a great place for a display for instant glue as well.
In coming home I decided to try out the Instant Glue Single Use Packets. In opening the container I loved the little carrying case as well as the fact that they made it super easy to pierce the container (all you had to do was tighten the cap). No more do you have to pierce it with a needle and hope that it does not get on your clothes. In using the single use container I found it to be easy to use and there was much more in the small container than you would first guess. With this in mind, I found myself wanting it to have a cap so that it could be used again and so that I did not need to throw away the leftovers. I ended up sticking a safety pin in the end and we will see it that will keep it for a while.



The glue did a great job at fixing the fish and they are now safely back in their homes. We will see how long the fish last as we move forward in the lives of the kids, but with Elmers Instant Glue, you can rest assured that things can and will get fixed easily in the future!

This shop was compensated as part of a of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias.

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: