Dad of Divas' Reviews: 10 Dad Bloggers and their Blogs

Sunday, June 19, 2011

10 Dad Bloggers and their Blogs

To CELEBRATE Father's Day 2011 we'd like to share our current Top 10 Dad Bloggers with you.

Each of these amazing blogs provides us with a glimpse into what the relationship of father means. We find the joy, the tears, the laughter the heartache and the love and a dedication that is fraught with mishaps.
The "shelf life" of a dad blog is less than that of almost any other type of blog. The reason why is quite apparent once you start to read them. A large number of dads begin their blogs with a sense of excitement, fervor and many out of sheer terror. The new arrival(s) has an almost immedidate impact on dad. The tendency for overwhelm, fatigue and daddy "wear and tear" that takes place is evident by both the style and content of blogging and even more apparent based on the number of new dad bloggers that quickly take a "bloggy vacation."
This clearly is no measure of how great these dads are at fatherhood yet it is for this very reason that the following 10 Dads are to be given even kudos as both fantastic "bloggers" and outstanding dads.
We hope you enjoy this blogging tribute to dads around the globe.
Visit Literal Dan's Literally Great Blog
A sarcastic view on parenting, language, society, and most everything else, from a 20-something stay-at-home dad.
Visit the Dad Jam Blog
A place for dads and parents to collaborate on fatherhood and parenting topics and read articles offering advice, tips and tricks from a father of a toddler and a baby. Lots of articles and observations served up with a side of humor. Come join us at the dad jam and start jamming today!
Check out Improvising Fatherhood
Improvising Fatherhood is a blog about the comedy of being a dad. Nate Smith is an improvisational comedian, a husband, and a father. He's not sure which is hardest.
A Dude enjoying the transition from Dude to Dad. A self-proclaimed Neo-Hippie and The Dude of the House for a young family of four, an ever-growing herd of animals, a blossoming landscape, Earth-friendly living, all sorts of household projects, and a healthy addiction to surf.
Visit Big Bad Daddy Rant Blog
Ranting about being a man at home with two ShortThings. Asking the eternal question: What is it about kids and the word Poop? All this plus tales of Adversity, Hilarity, and Humility from the damaged mind of the Big Bad Daddy.
Visit The Males Perspective
A general blog about daily life from my perspective. I will fill things up with comments on my day, upcoming plans or just my opinion on the goings on around the world...I hope you enjoy
Read "an admission of cluelessness"
It's time to concentrate on what I know best (or as you'll see, least) and talk about being a dad in a world where moms are much more important. Where mom have a much better idea of what they're doing with a child and where moms don't make babies watch hockey. A month behind in blogging though we'll let him slide as there's a hockey game going on somewhere.
Read Dorky Dad's blog
'm a dork. I was a dork in high school, but I hated my label so I did everything humanly possibly to de-dork myself. I wore "fashionable" 80s clothes (ick), I bought a car, I even ditched my dork friends for friends lower on the dork-o-meter. I now realize that all this accomplished was to cement my own place in the dork universe. I am now resigned to my fate.
meta-DAD's blog
I’m a Dad. That’s how I define myself at the moment. Not too long ago I defined myself as a Husband, but now I’m a Proud Dad and a Fine Husband. And maybe someday, I will get the title of “Good Dad” – that’s the goal, anyway.
I currently enjoy an active readership and have the good fortune of being featured in the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, FOX Business, CNN.Com, the Chicago Sun-Times and Reuters. I am also a Parenting & Family Columnist for the LA Examiner.
Read Stuff in My Brain
Dad talks about his family and embarrasses them at the same time. Sometimes a picture. Sometimes a joke. Always Dad Stuff.
Read Smonk You
A blog from an expecting first time father and later a first time father. All opinions are mine so please don't judge my lovely wife on the things I say...she might disagree with some stuff too..
Visit the Blog
The daily doings of Delmer Wells. A guy in Hilliard, Ohio with three boys, a bicycle, and a distaste for Yanni music.
Happpy Father's Day from BlogCatalog


All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews? Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: