Dad of Divas' Reviews: PowerSharp - A New Way to Keep Your Chainsaw Sharp!

Sunday, June 12, 2011

PowerSharp - A New Way to Keep Your Chainsaw Sharp!

A chainsaw sharpener that sharpens chain on the saw, on the job, in seconds, PowerSharp is a tool made for DIY dads. People who use chainsaws do so because they're fast. But saw chain can quickly get dull if it runs into dirt or hits a rock.  Before PowerSharp came onto the scene, the only way to sharpen chain was to do so manually, which can take 30 minutes or more. PowerSharp is a monumental innovation in the world of chainsaws!



1) What makes PowerSharp® saw chain different?
The PowerSharp saw chain has three key features that make it different from all other saw chain. First, the cutters are top sharpening – sharpening down, not back – making it possible to sharpen them from the outside. Second, a diamond-coated dresser link “dresses” the sharpening stone, resurfacing it for optimum honing angles. Finally, the cutters work together with the depth gauges and guidance drive links to stabilize the cutter as it contacts the stone, delivering a precise and predictable sharpening process.

2) How long does it take to sharpen a chain with the PowerSharp system?

It takes as little as three seconds to sharpen the chain, although extreme dulling may require more sharpening. Sharpen for three to five seconds, and then make a test cut. Repeat sharpening if necessary.

3) How many times can I sharpen the chain?The PowerSharp saw chain can be sharpened five to 15 times, depending on conditions.

4) Where can I buy the PowerSharp system?Scheduled to rollout in the U.S. this May, and in Europe and other parts of the world later in 2010, PowerSharp will be sold through home improvement stores, hardware retailers, and servicing dealers. For more information visit www.powersharp.com.

My Take on the ProductI was very impressed with this system. It was unique and so easy to use. You simply hook it to your existing chainsaw as you see in the picture above and you are ready to go... it's that easy! One of the things that I really liked was that all of the pieces that you need are a part of the system so you are not needing to buy separate pieces to make the system work. Now you will need to have a chain that works with this system for the system to work, but with how easy it works it seems like a great idea to me!

I was asked to try this system out myself. Seeing that I had a few things to take down in my backyard I was happy to try it out. They gave me one of their systems to try with a chainsaw that they sent and I was very impressed with how simple the system was to use. When I used this I first cut down two small trees in the backyard and then decided to take the running saw across a large rock to dull the chain somewhat. I went back to cut through a larger tree and found that I was getting bound up. Because of this I ran the blade through the Powersharp system and went back to the tree that I was working on and found that I was easily able to get through the tree.

Thus, I have to reiterate my satisfaction with the system and my encouragement for all of you to look at this system for yourself if you are looking for a new way to keep your chainsaw in great working condition!


All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: