Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - It's Not About Me

Monday, June 20, 2011

Book Review - It's Not About Me

About the Book
Pop culture and psychobabble tell us to make ourselves the center of the universe in order to be happy. Churches have communicated the false idea that God exists to give us all that we selfishly want. In this book, Max Lucado reminds us that it's not about us, it's all about God. It is through this shift in thinking that we can truly live an unburdened, happy life.

My Take on the Book
This short but compelling book again shows me the amazing writing skills of Max Lucado. I have read a number of his books in the past and am always amazed at how well they are written. For me, many times, it is like he is sitting in the room with me walking me through the points and thoughts that he wants to convey and in this book it is no different.

This book allows you to reflect on why you are placed on this Earth and what God has in store for you if you are willing to let him intervene.

This book was an easy one to read and to get through and I found that in only a day and a half I was done a,d I know that this will not be different for most readers. Whether this book is for you or for someone that you love, you will be touched and impacted and you will be glad you took the time to read it!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: