Dad of Divas' Reviews: Game Review - Splinter Cell 3D (3DS)

Friday, June 24, 2011

Game Review - Splinter Cell 3D (3DS)

About the Game
Coming exclusively to the Nintendo 3DS™, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell 3D is the highly anticipated hand held game in the multimillion-selling Splinter Cell series and one of the most critically acclaimed franchises of all time.

Sam Fisher is sent behind enemy lines in the Korean Peninsula to prevent WWIII, by investigating the responsible party that sunk the USS Clarence E Walsh, U.S.’s most advanced cruiser. Through his investigation, Sam learns that the key parties who are planning to use the Masse Kernels to launch WWIII are war comrade Douglas Shetland, Displace International, and Admiral Otomo, the Third Echelon Information Self Defense Force (I-SDF) contact.

The cutting edge hardware of the new Nintendo 3DS™ allows Splinter Cell fans to play in immersive 3D and ability to interact with the game like nothing before.

Features:
  • Immersive 3D Action - Gameplay, Cinematic, Maps, HUD, Menus, Loading screens, and more are projected in stereoscopic 3D.
  • Optimized Controls - New button mapping with the Slide Pad and Touch Pad gives the player seamless control to equip weapons and gadgets for more effective mission executions.
  • Enhanced Weapons - Protagonist Sam Fisher is equipped with enhanced weapons and better gadgets to infiltrate the enemy: new fusion goggles, OCP electronic disabling device, wall mine, more add-ons for the SC-20K rifle, smoke and gas grenades.
  • Infiltration Evolved - Lock picking is enhanced by utilizing the new Slide Pad to mimic the realism of lock picking. Hacking has also evolved from numeric codes to solving interactive 3D puzzles.







My Take on the Game

I had played Chaos Theory on a friend's Nintendo DS system in the past and this game reminds me a lot about it (without the 3D action that is). As a single action shooter game, the 3D adds depth to the game. There were a few parts where it was a little blurry, but what I liked was that I could turn off the 3D if I so chose at those points in time.

It takes a little time to get used to the controls on the game, but once you do it is a lot of fun! I will warn you though that after you do get the controllers down, this game can be addicting and you can find yourself losing track of time and instead finding that hours have passed you by (not that this has happened to me...I'm just saying).

The one part of the game that I did not like was the time it takes to load the game. At different points in the game, it tends to get bogged down, such as when you die and need to restart. Though this was a bit frustrating at times, I still loved the game and know that I will be playing it for a long time to come.

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: