Dad of Divas' Reviews: DVD Review - Louie - Season 1

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

DVD Review - Louie - Season 1

About the DVD
Everyone’s favorite cynic Louis C.K brings his hilarious take on life in the complete first season of FX’s original comedy series, “LOUIE,” arriving on Blu-ray and DVD June 21. Be a stand-up member of the comedy community as you follow Louis’ adventures, and enjoy his unique perspective as he attempts to date, raise two daughters and live in the ever-bustling city of New York.

Already renewed for a second season, “LOUIE” is a comedy filtered through the observational humor of Emmy® Award-winner Louis C.K. Each episode spotlights Louis’ hectic life as a successful stand-up comedian and newly single father raising his two young daughters.

The single-camera comedy is a unique mix of Louis C.K.’s stand-up comedy and scripted stories. Louis C.K. serves as executive producer, writer and director and Dave Becky and 3 Arts Entertainment are executive producers.

LOUIE” Season 1 features all 13 episodes and bonus footage including deleted scenes, unaired and unrated comedy sketches and commentary as well as exciting guest appearances from comedians Ricky Gervais, Pamela Adlon, Nick DiPaolo, Todd Barry and Mathew Broderick.


My Take on the DVD

I had never had the chance to see this show during its first season so when I was offered a chance to review this DVD, I thought it would be a great time to check it out to see what I thought. In watching the DVD, I have to say that Louie C.K., is hilarious. His cynicism as well as his stand up acts stand out as being a character that will stand the test of time.

I found myself laughing continuously in some areas, and I found it interesting to watch his and realize that you could tell that the show was not a big budget production, however, you do get big budget results (if you know what I mean).

There were parts of the series where the comedy was a bit dark for myself and my family, but all-in-all, the show was definitely a keeper. Though I do not get HBO at home, I hope that a series 2 set like this will come out so that I can make sure to be able to catch up on what happens next season!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: