Dad of Divas' Reviews: Game Review - Raving Rabbids Travel in Time (WII)

Friday, June 24, 2011

Game Review - Raving Rabbids Travel in Time (WII)

About the Game
The Rabbids are about to change the course of human history and you’re invited to the party!

Rabbids are bwaaack and this time they have an infallible plan to travel back in time and invade human history! Plunge into the past with the wacky Rabbids and revisit the greatest moments of history like the discovery of fire, the broken nose of the Sphinx or the legend of Arthur. Uncover how Rabbids wreaked havoc and changed the course of history.

Key Features:


  • Deeper mini-games: 25 mini-games with 4 different types of gameplay and 10 micro-games: flying, dancing, bouncing & pointing games in different historical environments from Egyptians to King Arthur.



  • More competition, more fun: Sabotage your opponents, seamless online/offline gameplay, multiplayer up to 4 players.



  • High level of customization: pick and play between 30 unique historical costumes, such as Indian, Cowboy, Egyptian and Musketeer.



  • Wii motion compatible, no board required.





  • My Take on the Game




    The first thing that I loved about this game was the fact that it provides games within games. There are so many mini-games within this game that you will be amazed at the amount of fun that you and up to three other friends or family members can have in the ever-changing silly game.

    I have played Raving Rabbids games before, and if you liked the graphics then, you will like it now as they continue in their full vivid color and display. There are better graphics out there for other games, but I have to say that the graphics did not hold me back at all! For me, this game was more about the fun you can have!

    The game transports the Rabbids back in time to many different points and they get into a ton of hair-brained situations that you have to work hard on getting through. It takes some hand-eye coordination in some parts and my eldest daughter took a little time to get used to the game itself (she's almost seven). One of the things I would definitely recommend is that you take the time to watch the short videos that are spread throughout the game. The Rabbids are just so funny and especially if you are playing with younger kids, they just love them and find them to be hilarious!

    I have now played a number of the mini-games (though not all) as well as the WII Motion plus games, and all are fun. I really enjoyed the motion plus games though and found them to be interactive and engaging and the extra motion adds that extra bonus for the players enjoyment.


    One of the things that my daughter loved was dressing up the Rabbids in period costumes (I think she liked the mummy costume best).

    Overall this was a great game and one that I would highly recommend for the whole family!

    All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
     
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
    Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
    Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

    No comments: