Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - God's Love Letters to You

Monday, June 27, 2011

Book Review - God's Love Letters to You

About the Book
Experience a unique conversation with God through a daily devotional reading based on twenty Old Testament and twenty New Testament books of the Bible. Written to help the reader listen to what God is saying in His Word, God’s Love Letters to You offers a life-changing encounter with God through the story He is telling. Author Larry Crabb brings the big picture of God’s story into clearer focus, helping readers catch an enticing glimpse of how each of these forty books of the Bible advances the story. The goal? To lose our story in His.
Each day’s devotional includes:
-a selected Scripture reading
-a short devotional message
-reflection questions
-a closing prayer
My Take on the Book
This book provides the reader with a unique way to get closer to God. While I have read through numerous devotionals in the past, this book was quite unique. The way in which the book was set up was easy to understand and easy to implement. The words it contains are motivational as well as inspiring and I found that the few pages that you had to read on each day was set up well for the person who really wants to focus on what was important. 

On each day you are able to focus on one scripture and from what I can see these scriptures are not ones that you normally see. While, yes there are some that are more popular the author also uses this book to introduce you to many new ones that you may have glanced over in the past. 

For me, because I was reviewing this book, I read through the book in one sitting, but I can see how, if you did focus and do the 40 day journey, you would be a better person for doing it!
A great book that is one that I would share with anyone who wishes to deepen their journey with God!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: