The Penguins of Madagascar, is an action game for play on Nintendo DSi and DS that captures the fun of the popular Nickelodeon TV series of the same name, which was inspired by the penguins debut in the hit animated Madagascar feature films. The game features multiple storylines, each explorable via the many individual missions that they consist of. Game features include unique character abilities and strategies, gameplay as an individual or group of penguins, voice talent from the TV show and special functionality exclusive to DSi players.
Join Wacky Team Penguin
Along with the four penguins, The Penguins of Madagascar also features additional characters from the series, including the comically self-centered ring-tailed lemur King Julien, his aye-aye flunkie Maurice, The mouse lemur Mort, Marlene the otter and the chimpanzees Mason and Phil. Additional game features include: voice talent drawn directly from the TV series and digital camera functionality specific to DSi players.
Key Game Features
- Zany Team Work - Play as "Team Penguin" or use each Penguin one-by-one to save the day
- Madcap Missions – Complete tons of stealth missions venturing through 3 outlandish game episodes, each with their own story
- Build Contraptions - Help the Penguins to use useful tools and gadgets to advance in the game
- Acrobatic Maneuvers – Team up and use each Penguin’s unique abilities and personalities to maintain order in the zoo
- Commando Voice Talent - Video game voiced by entire cast from TV series! Tom McGrath (Skipper), Jeff Bennett (Kowalski), John Di Maggio (Rico), James Stuart Patrick (Private), Danny Jacobs (King Julien), Kevin Michael Richardson (Maurice), Andy Richter (Mort), Conrad Vernon (Mason & Phil), and Nicole Sullivan (Marlene)
- Nintendo DSi Specific Features – Hear hilarious King Julien critique your photo or snap a picture into a puzzle and use your stylus to put it back together
The game opens by the player accessing the Penguin’s Secret Lair where they’re able to select which level they’d like to play in: King Julien’s birthday party, finding Morti, or getting rid of snow in the zoo. With each level you are able to work toward the completion of a successful mission. As you are going through the levels you collect ice snow cones that can be used in King Julien’s store to purchase additional mini-games, decorations, and bonus levels.
What I really liked about this game is that it was much more than a game, but it taught the player about teamwork as well which is something that I definitely want my girls learning about. The game also makes you think strategically and about consequences, using the strength of each of the penguins to move forward.
My eldest daughter loved playing this game and I think it will soon become her her new favorite DS game!
All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at email@example.com