Jillian Michaels: Fitness Ultimatum 2011 - 10 Fitness Tips
1. Exercise does more than just tone your body, it boosts self esteem, improves mood and revs up metabolism. So suck it up and get moving!
2. If you are looking to shed those last stubborn pounds, you need to increase the intensity of your workouts. Try working at 85% of your Maximum Heart Rate for optimal results.
3. Getting bored with that same old exercise routine? Chances are you body is too. It’s probably time to switch things up if you want to continue seeing results.
4. Using proper form when working out is the key to getting the results you want and preventing injuries. Think quality over quantity. Take the time to perfect your form in order to get the results you want and keep your body healthy and strong.
5. Do not exercise on an empty stomach. This way you’ll have energy during your workouts and you will burn fat instead of muscle.
6. Don’t over do it. When starting out consult your physician. Work to beginner / intermediate levels. Stay at around 70% of your MHR. IN a couple of weeks or so as you become stronger and more fit begin to up your intensity for best results.
7. For results fast try circuit training. This is an exercise technique that utilizes a series of moves in swift succession with no rest in between. For example: Push ups into squats followed by jumping jacks. This method allows your workouts to strengthen while burning fat at the same time.
8. To ramp up your fitness regimen try incorporating a technique called HIIT or High Intensity Interval Training. This simply means working short bouts (30 seconds, 60 seconds, 90 seconds, 2 minutes) of cardio into your strength training routine.
9. Six pack abs are not about crunches. You simply CAN NOT spot reduce fat. The best way to get the washboard tummy is by burning the fat off on top of the muscle with a combination of diet, cardio, and over all resistance training.
10. When you are on the treadmill don’t hold on. If you hold on while walking or jogging it decreases the intensity thus decreasing your calorie burn by up to 24%
Jillian Michaels: Fitness Ultimatum 2011 takes personal wellness to new levels of immersion. The only official video game series created by Jillian Michaels, it lets players receive personal fitness guidance from America’s premier wellness coach. For the first time, Fitness Ultimatum 2011 integrates a story-based Mission mode where Jillian and the player use their fitness skills in a series of missions to shut down Cureall, an evil food and drug corporation. Featuring a large selection of exercises that include use of the optional Wii Balance Board™ and Wii MotionPlus™, Jillian Michaels: Fitness Ultimatum 2011 allows players to monitor their fitness goals with a resolution-based tracking system. Plus a brand new High Intensity workout mode offers the most challenging workouts in the series.
- The Official Jillian Michaels Video Game Series, and The Only Game Featuring Her Likeness and Voice – As America’s leading wellness expert, and fresh off the premiere of the first season of her new NBC series, Losing It with Jillian, Jillian is committed to empowering millions of people by providing them with Total Life Solutions for their wellness.
- All New Mission Mode Lets Players Explore with Jillian and Get Fit – Players can get into the game and work out with exercises created by Jillian as they explore multiple locales in an interactive mission based journey to save a city from the Cureall Corporation, utilizing fitness skills.
- One-on-One Training Directly From America’s Premier Health and Wellness Coach – Players empower themselves with the one-on-one mentoring that Jillian Michaels: Fitness Ultimatum 2011 provides with personal training directly from Jillian including healthy diet and living tips, efficient workouts, and a resolution-based tracking system that helps the player balance the highs and lows through a multi-month training workout calendar.
- Workout the Entire Body with the Wii Balance Board and Wii MotionPlus – Use the optional Wii Balance Board and Wii MotionPlus to get the most out of your workouts with Jillian. Conduct strength training and cardio routines, including jumping jacks, running, and side lunges, all conducted with an “in-game” feel and precise motion tracking for all movements.
- New High Intensity Workouts – Jillian Michaels: Fitness Ultimatum 2011 delivers the most advanced training in the series that engages players and provides the most thorough workout possible in 14 new exercises performed by Jillian, augmenting the Fitness Ultimatum experience.
About Jillian Michaels
Jillian Michaels is America’s premier wellness coach. A New York Times best-selling author, Michaels is the President and Co-Founder of Empowered Media, LLC, a wellness company with the sole mission of inspiring individuals to empower themselves to seek healthier, active lives. In April 2011, Michaels will release her next book titled UNLIMITED: How to Build an Exceptional Life.
Producer: Interactive Game Group, LLC
Developer: Collision Studios
Release Date: November 16, 2010
Suggested Retail Price: $39.95
ESRB Rating: E for Everyone with Alcohol Reference and Mild Violence
My Take on the GameOne of the things that was nice about this was the ease in which you could start the game and exercising right away. You did not have to spend much time setting things up. It did take a little time to get used to the controls, but I did finally get used to them and did find that I was able to work up a sweat (quite a bit) with the exercises that this game provided. One thing that I found that I will need with this is a balance board. I have been able to play other games that encourage it in the past, but there were some exercises that I was not able to do completely without it.
All-in-all I had fun with the game and though it did take a bit of time to get used to it overall, I am glad to have it, and look forward to trying it more in the future.
New to the Divadom?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org