Dad of Divas' Reviews: DVD Review - Lemonade Mouth

Friday, May 13, 2011

DVD Review - Lemonade Mouth

About the DVD

On May 24th, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment releases LEMONADE MOUTH: Extended Edition on DVD! 
 Be heard. Be strong. Be proud. It's time to turn up the music and have some fun with an all-new Disney original movie, starring Bridgit Mendler, and Adam Hicks, and introducing ten awesome new songs. 

When five ragtag freshman first meet in detention, it seems they have nothing in common. But, through music, they form an unbreakable bond and discover they have the makings of the greatest high school garage band in history! In the face of incredible odds, Olivia, Stella, Wen, Mohini and Charlie find they can make a real difference when they learn to lean on each other and let go of everything holding back their dreams.

Turn the world into your own stage with Lemonade Mouth: Extended Edition, complete with an exclusive music scene. Life is just a roller coaster - take the ride.



My Take on the Movie
This movie at first made me think of the Breakfast Club meets Glee, with a bunch of kids meeting in detention and then coming together to make a band that just rocks, turing the movie into a great sounding musical. While some of the concepts are a bit far fetched, the movie was a fun family movie that incorporated both great music but also strong messages of friendships as well as dispelling ideas about first impressions and what they can mean. I also loved the concepts of persistence and inclusion. I also enjoyed seeing the diversity in casting as well as the themes of acceptance of all. What a great message to share with viewers, and I know that for me it is definitely something that I want to share with my kids as well. Way to go Disney!




All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
   
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader 
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: