About the Book
The NIV Recovery Devotional Bible strengthens, assists, and encourages you with fresh perspectives on the link between faith and recovery, by offering day-by-day encouragement for anyone in a Twelve-Step recovery program.
The NIV Recovery Devotional Bible stands alongside these twelve steps as a unique tool for those in recovery from addictive, compulsive, or codependent behavior patterns.
- 365 daily Meditations help readers apply biblical principles to the recovery process
- More than 400 in-text Life Connections tie Scripture portions to the Twelve Steps
- 2,000 Step Markers indicate passages that relate to particular steps of the Twelve Step Plan
- Reading plans help to tailor Scripture readings to specific needs
- Brief, thoughtful prayers give direction in connecting to God from the heart
- Articles explain how to use the Bible and help readers connect Scripture and the Twelve Steps
- Where to Turn section offers help to the hurting
- Book introductions offer overviews of biblical material
- Subject index for locating topics easily
- Double-column format
My Take on the Book
While I have never dealt with addiction myself, I know that there are many that have. For those that have struggled with this having support and having motivation to get through the day to day issues that you deal with. This book provides this support but also provides some amazing steps that people can follow to help them through a 12 step plan. I was quite impressed with this break down as it was a completely new way to think about the Bible and about healing!
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org