Dad of Divas' Reviews: Product Review - Flutterbye Flying Fairy

Monday, August 19, 2013

Product Review - Flutterbye Flying Fairy

Flutterbye Flying Fairy
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Product
Turn a young girl’s dreams into reality as they watch the Flutterbye Flying Fairy effortlessly dance through the air. Every enchanting flight puts the magic directly in their hands. Flutterbye’s gracefully glide across the sky guided only by the hands of young girls. There’s never been a more magical experience. Put the magic in their hands with the charming flight of Flutterbye Fairies.

Flutterbye Flying Fairy


  • Let your imagination soar with Flutterbye Flying Fairy as she magically flies above your hand!
  • Watch her spread her wings and magically twirl and dance through the air.
  • Dressed in a beautiful molded dress and glittery wings, get ready for fairytale fun.
  • The magical Flutterbye Flying Fairy is made for young girls ages 5-9 and require 6 AA batteries for operation.
  • Includes: 1 Flutterbye Flying Fairy, 1 Base, 1 Instruction Guide

Flutterbye Flying Fairy




My Take on the Product
One of the first things I noticed with this toy were the details that the toy company put into the fairy itself. The toy was beautiful, and my daughter thought so as well. The toy itself takes 6 AA batteries (which is a lot), but what these batteries make the toy do is pretty unique and cool. Seeing that the toy itself does take a lot of batteries I might recommend using lithium batteries for longevity if use. I did not try this with rechargeable batteries so do not know how well they would work with this, but it is a possibility that these may also work well. The batteries are placed in the docking station (as I call it) for the fairy and charges the fairy itself. This station is also the launching station for the fairy too. By charging your fairy and then hitting the button you are able to launch the fairy into the air and then by placing your hand underneath the fairy you can control where she goes and how high she flies.

I have to say that my daughters loved controlling heir fairy and they thought this was a very fun toy to use. As mentioned above I decided to use lithium as I surmised that I could need them, and so far they have been working great. My five and nine year old girls were able to control the fairy with no problems and the biggest problem that we had was having the girls share the fairy!

All-in-all this was a fun toy and one that I am sure that your kids will love too!


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How long did your flying fairy last? I am having problems with mine after one day.

Dad of Divas said...

So far we have still been having no problems. What is your fairy doing?

Anonymous said...

Our daughter's lasted one day. Her motor no longer has sufficient power to enable her to leave the base. This is a common problem I have read posts about from other frustrated parents made over the last two days. Someone said they they took it back to the store and were given a replacement.

Roxana said...

I have followed the instructions for charging and then played with it okay for about 5 minutes (that is 4-5 flights, then we noticed that it does not fly anymore, it just spins with the same high speed but doesn't get hight. )
We thought it should recharge, and followed again the procedure for charging.
Next day (!) we encountered the same problem, it spins rapidly but doesn't fly, it stays on the charging base. We noticed that the fairy is blinking intermitently orange at the point where the charging cord is suposed to be plugged in. This is just happening when the fairy button is ON.

I also took it in my hand and then pressed the launch button and same result. It spins but does not fly