Dad of Divas' Reviews: CD Review - Love & The Outcome

Sunday, August 4, 2013

CD Review - Love & The Outcome

Love & The Outcome
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the CD
Word Entertainment’s Love and the Outcome is joining forces with multiple partners to unveil the music video for their debut single, “He Is With Us.” Today the video can be seen exclusively at Newreleasetuesday.com followed with premieres on Monday at both K-LOVE and the Canadian outlet, 100 Huntley Street’s Crossroads 360. On Tuesday, July 16, the video will be made available for purchase on iTunes. Filmed in Toronto, Canada, “He Is With Us” intersperses dynamic performance footage of Jodi and Chris with Love and The Outcome’s signature graffiti text to create an engaging video that underscores the song’s powerful lyrics. The duo’s debut single has skyrocketed into the Top 20 since its release in May with Billboard including them in its “Bubbling Under” section on new and noteworthy acts. “He Is With Us” is the lead single from Love & The Outcome’s self-titled debut album due out on August 27.

For Chris and Jodi, Love and The Outcome is both a name and a literal life story. The duo sold their Winnipeg condo en route to a high-stakes musical road trip that has seen them criss-cross Canada, Liberia, the Philippines and China, winning over fans both emotionally and spiritually with their blend of effervescent pop. After signing to Word Records in 2012, they retreated to the mountains of Washington state to record their powerful debut, produced by Seth Mosley along with Ben Glover (for King and Country) and David Garcia (TobyMac). Spring 2013 saw the two back on the road for the "Hundred More Years Tour” supporting Francesca Battistelli and The Afters over 27 dates. For tour dates and further information please visit www.loveandtheoutcome.com.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LoveAndTheOutcome
Twitter: https://twitter.com/loveandoutcome
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/loveandtheoutcome




My Take on the CD
I really enjoyed this CD. You have a mix of music that reminds me of some more contemporary Christian rock as well as other worship songs that I have sung in the past and for this I have to say that I give the CD two thumbs up. I was impressed by the variety on the CD itself but most of all I think for me the most poignant aspect of the CD was the lyrics within the songs. In each song on the CD you can truly see and experience the faith that they have and that they are sharing with the listener. One of my favorite songs on the CD was The Story You're Building In Me - the story that this songs tells is just amazing and I found myself coming back again and again to hear what it had to say! I highly recommend this album and this group to all!


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: