A romantic night out on the town for Valentine’s Day—without worrying about the kids.
Sound impossible? Here is how today’s technology can help.
written by Chris Hulls, co-founder and CEO of Life360.
Valentine’s Day used to be a stress-free, romantic night out on the town with your sweetheart. That probably changed once you had children. It seems these days, it is nearly impossible to get a night out without an interruption from the kids, or without worrying about what kind of trouble they might be getting into. Even if you have a sitter, you (or your spouse) are calling constantly to check-in and make sure everything is okay. This year, keep in mind how today’s technology can help. All you need to do is glance at your phone to see where your kids are located and that they are safe – easy to do with a mobile app.
There are now apps for your phone that utilize GPS to help parents ensure that their kids are OK. These apps provide simple ways for children to check-in with their parents with one simple tap on their smartphone. Here are some ways that you can use mobile technology this Valentine’s Day to ensure you and you partner can enjoy a romantic evening:
- Worried? Check the map. In an instant, you can pull up the location of your kids and see the threats and safety resources nearby.
- Check-in. Some apps offer ‘Check In’ features. These are great for younger children and teens alike. Whether your kids are out and about on their own or with a trusted adult, they can simply ‘Check In’ to let you know when they have safely arrived at their destination. That way, you have peace of mind from knowing your kids are where they are supposed to be. Not to mention that your children will be happier without the constant nagging from Mom and Dad.
- Secure group messaging. Look for group messaging capability—with one tap on your phone, you can send a preset, tailored message to everyone in your family while on-the-go.
- Immediate notification in case of an emergency. In the event of an emergency, if anyone in the family taps a button for help, you are notified immediately. Even when cell phone networks go down, apps can assist you in getting in touch with your family during a storm or earthquake.
- Picture this: You and your wife at your favorite restaurant on Valentine’s Day, enjoying a delicious meal and an iced bottle of champagne. You get a message on your phone that tells you that your son and daughter have arrived home from soccer practice so you decide to stay out for another drink and get dessert, secure in knowing that everyone in your family is safe and where they should be.
All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at email@example.com