Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Manners are Free

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Book Review - Manners are Free

About the Book
Working grandmother, M.B. Jones’ children’s book, Manners Are Free, highlights the basics of manners and common courtesy, but does so in a colorful way that appeals to children. She wrote the book to ensure that her granddaughter would learn manners at an early age.

“My little granddaughter was my impetus to write my book, Manners Are Free,” said Jones. “I feel strongly that children need to learn manners at an early age. When Aubrey was a small baby, I would always talk to her about manners and then I would add, ‘remember, manners are free’.”

Jones has spent over 26 years in the business world as a global manager and a business owner. Her keen sense of business etiquette was easily translated into the message of her children’s book.

Jones highlights everything from table manners to conversation skills to playground etiquette in her colorful book, Manners Are Free. The book uses illustrations and real-life situations to appeal to both parents and children alike.

“I am a first time Grandmother, and I want nothing more than for my little granddaughter to grow up to be confident, successful and happy,” says Jones. “I want her to learn that how you treat other people and how you conduct yourself makes a big difference in all aspects of your life.”

For more information, visit: http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000458997/Manners-Are-Free.aspx

My Take on the Book
What was neat about this book was that it contains so many lessons about what we as parents want all of our children to learn about manners and the author does it in a fun way that all will enjoy. Full of rhymes and repetitive sayings, this book is great for all who are trying to reinforce the importance of manners in the home. I also have to say that I loved the fact that there was a Nana in this family, as we have one in ours as well. This was a great book and it is one that I know I will be reading many times in the future with my own girls!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: