As you may have heard, Bugaboo and Chef Ludo have teamed up to create Ludo Baby Bites for Bugaboo, a 12 webisode series promoting a healthy, on-the-go lifestyle for modern families. The series is well under way, and i just HAD to share this recipe with you after I tried it for myself. Today, Chef Ludo shared his Grandma's Roast Chicken recipe. It's a recipe that is close to Chef Ludo's heart, is healthy AND delicious, and most of all, great for the whole family!
Please see recipe attached, and go to bugaboo.com/ludobabybites today to watch this newest episode!
LUDO BABY BITES for bugaboo
GRANDMA’S ROAST CHICKEN
INGREDIENTS FOR CHILDREN 6 MONTHS+
- WHOLE ORGANIC CHICKEN
- 2 BUNCHES OF FRESH ROSEMARY
- 2 LEMONS
- 2 BUNCHES OF FRESH THYME
- 1 WHOLE GARLIC BULB
- 4 TABLESPOONS OF BUTTER
- OLIVE OIL
- 2 CUPS BROWN RICE
- 5 CUPS OF WATER
- 1 BUNCH FRESH CILANTRO
- ¼ LEMON
- FLEUR DE SEL
- GROUND WHITE PEPPER
- PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 425 DEGREES. DRY THE CHICKEN WITH PAPER TOWEL TO REMOVE EXCESS WATER (EVEN IF FRESH).
- STUFF THE CHICKEN CAVITY WITH ONE BUNCH OF ROSEMARY, A FEW BRANCHES OF THYME, ONE WHOLE LEMON (QUARTERED) AND ½ OF ONE WHOLE GARLIC BULB. SPREAD 2 TABLESPOONS OF ROOM TEMPERATURE BUTTER OVER ENTIRE SKIN OF CHICKEN.
- HEAT CAST IRON SKILLET OVER MEDIUM HEAT AND LIGHTLY COAT THE BOTTOM OF SKILLET WITH OLIVE OIL. SEAR THE SIDE OF THE GARLIC BULB IN OIL. ADD ONE BUNCH OF FRESH ROSEMARY AND THYME (CHOPPED SLIGHTLY) AND ONE LEMON, QUARTERED, TO SKILLET. ADD TWO TABLESPOONS OF BUTTER. RUB GARLIC BULB ON BOTTOM OF SKILLET TO INFUSE ALL HERBS WITH THE GARLIC JUICE AND LEAVE BULB IN SKILLET. PLACE WHOLE CHICKEN ON TOP OF HERB MIXTURE AND PLACE SKILLET IN OVEN. BASTE CHICKEN WITH BUTTER AND HERB MIXTURE IN PAN EVERY 5 MINUTES, FOR THE FIRST 20 MINUTES. REDUCE HEAT TO 350 AND COOK FOR 45-50 MINUTES. CONTINUE TO BASTE EVERY 5-10 MINUTES*.
- WHILE CHICKEN IS COOKING RINSE RICE AND ADD TO MEDIUM POT WITH WATER. ADD A FEW STEMS OF FRESH CILANTRO AND ¼ LEMON TO RICE/WATER MIXTURE. BRING TO BOIL SLOWLY AND COOK ACCORDING TO TIME INSTRUCTIONS ON RICE PACKAGING. BE SURE TO STIR.
- CUT AND SERVE CHICKEN AND RICE FOR ADULTS, ADDING FLEUR DE SEL (OR KOSHER SALT) AND GROUND WHITE PEPPER TO TASTE. DRIZZLE JUICE DRIPPING FROM PAN OVER PLATED CHICKEN.
- CUT AND SERVE CHICKEN AND RICE. FOR THE FAMILY ADD FLEUR DE SEL (OR KOSHER SALT) AND GROUND WHITE PEPPER TO TASTE. DRIZZLE JUICE DRIPPING FROM PAN OVER PLATED CHICKEN.OF DRIED RED CHILE FLAKES.
TIPS FROM CHEF LUDO
- THE MORE YOU BASTE THE SKIN OF THE CHICKEN, THE CRISPIER IT WILL BECOME
- NOTE: BEFORE ADDING NEW FOOD ITEMS TO A CHILD’S DIET, CONSULT YOUR PEDIATRICIAN.
All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org