Dad of Divas' Reviews: DVD Review - Archer, Season 2

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

DVD Review - Archer, Season 2

About the DVD
Sterling Archer, the world’s most dangerous spy, and his snarky ISIS cohorts are back for another outrageously raunchy season when ARCHER The Complete Second Season comes to Blu-ray and DVD on December 27th from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment.

Loaded with three exclusive top-secret animated shorts, ARCHER The Complete Second Season features all 13 episodes plus hilarious never-before-seen extras!

When he’s not busy foiling eco-terrorist threats, tracking down mysterious killers, or having sex in x-ray machines, the suave master-spy has his hands full with bikini-clad ninjas, Swiss nymphomaniacs, and paternity suits. Archer searches for the true identity of his father, battles breast cancer, and brings a sexy, ex-KGB agent home to meet his domineering mother. It’s all in a day’s work for the international man of mystery in this uproariously edgy animated farce.

ARCHER features the voice talents of H. Jon Benjamin (“Bob’s Burgers,” “Family Guy”), Jessica Walter (“Arrested Development”), Aisha Tyler (“24,” “Friends”), George Coe, Chris Parnell (“30 Rock,” “Suburgatory”), Judy Greer (27 Dresses, Marmaduke), and Amber Nash.

Blu-ray and DVD Special Features:

  • Ask Archer
  • Archersaurus - Self Extinction
  • Semper Fi
  • L'espoin Mal Fait
  • Isis Invades Comic-con

ARCHER was created by Adam Reed and Floyd County Productions and is executive produced by Reed and Matthew Thompson. The show is produced by FX Productions.

My Take on the DVD
While I missed out on Season one, this series was one that I was quite impressed with. While I had to catch up a bit on what I missed in the first season, I was able to catch on and I enjoyed what I was seeing and the overall tenor of the series in general. The series has some good laughs as well as writing within it. The series does use some running jokes that were a bit predictable, but for me that was fine as they added to the dialogue and to the fun of the series. One of the best things that I can see here is that the series ties in many of the great things that all shows (IMHO) should, action, adventure, intrigue, romance, this show has it all!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: