Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Why Men Hate Going to Church

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Book Review - Why Men Hate Going to Church

About the Book
It’s Sunday morning. Where are all the men? Golfing? Playing softball? Watching the tube? Mowing the lawn? Sleeping? One place you won’t find them is in church. Less than 40 percent of adults in most churches are men, and 20 to 25 percent of married churchgoing women attend without their husbands. And why are the men who do go to church so bored? Why won’t they let God change their hearts?

David Murrow’s groundbreaking book has been completely revised and updated, with eye-opening research and a persuasive grasp on the facts, to explain the problem and offer hope and encouragement to women, pastors, and men. Why Men Hate Going to Church does not call men back to the church—it calls the church back to men.

My Take on the Book
In reading through this book the author brings up some very good points that relate to men and going to church. I liked the way in which he lays everything out in a clear, easy to understand way, and you learn so much, or at least I did. I like the brutal honesty that he provides and he makes you truly think about your own church and the men within it as well. While I am not a pastor of my church I can easily see that a pastor would find this book very insightful and eye-opening and even for the general church member you will also find this book to be one that will make you rethink your thoughts on membership and engagement within the church as a whole.


All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: